Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Godspeed

I've learned that songs can be really mischievous. You know the ones that you've heard a million times but have never really paid attention to? Sometimes they like to sneak up in your shuffle and hit you like a bag of bricks!  They make you feel like you're such a musical wizard for discovering this amazing song when in reality you're an idiot for never paying attention to it until now!

Lately I've been hooked on this song that happens to be by one of my favorite artists. I've overlooked it for way too long. I'll even admit that when I finally "found" the song I shed a tear or two. It's not necessarily the situation she's talking about but I think I'm in this situation a lot: wanting to help someone but having no idea how or knowing there's nothing you can do. Anyway hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

"Things you don't say reach me somehow anyway."

Jenny Lewis - "Godspeed"

ps  Doesn't she sound incredible live??

No comments:

Post a Comment